Recently celebrating its 50th anniversary, ArtsWestchester is the community’s connection to the arts. Founded in 1965, it is the largest private, not-for-profit arts council in New York State and a recognized leader among arts councils nationwide. Its mission is to provide leadership, vision and support, and to ensure the availability, accessibility and diversity of the arts in Westchester.
- Distributes over $1 million in grants annually to artists and arts organizations through an impartial grants process.
- Markets the arts for 150 cultural organizations and 1,000 artists on its website https://artswestchester.org and in its monthly publication, ArtsNews
- Owns and operates a historic landmark building as a creative hub and home for artists in downtown White Plains
- Is looking ahead to the next 50 years of arts and culture in Westchester County.
To celebrate its 50th Anniversary, ArtsWestchester implemented several major initiatives to secure its legacy and impact the cultural life of Westchester for the future. They were:
- To recognize 50 artists of extraordinary merit through the 50 for 50 Initiative.
- To mount ARTSEE, A Festival of New Work in Westchester.
- To develop fifty (50) new Arts & Business Partnerships [see current list].
- To provide more than fifty (50) new Artist Residencies in the neediest schools, demonstrating the role of the arts in teaching STEM subjects.
- To secure funding for the Challenge for the Arts, which provides matching grants to cultural organizations.
To keep the excitement going, ArtsWestchester has many special events planned for 2016. Please help keep the arts alive by marking your calendars for our 2016 cultural events. Click here for our calendar of special events.
For more information about supporting ArtsWestchester’s 2016 special events, please contact:
Ann Fabrizio at 914-428-4220 x326 or firstname.lastname@example.org