Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (posted 1/9/20)
ArtsWestchester seeks a Full-Time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to support the organization’s day-to-day activities in our nine-story historic bank building in downtown White Plains.
Reporting to the Director of Administration, responsibilities include:
- Welcoming all guests with a positive first impression of the organization
- Answering phone calls and directing them in a clear, prompt, accurate and pleasant manner
- Receiving, logging, distributing and posting mail and packages
- Maintaining office equipment including phone system, copier, postage machine, and coffee machine
- Managing office & kitchen supply inventory
- Managing hospitality supplies (coffee, water, etc) and assisting with hospitality orders for meetings
- Assisting with clerical duties (typing, copying, bank deposits, etc) for the Administration Office
- Attending and participating in special events
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional special events may require evening/weekend hours.
- At least one year of working in an office environment
- Education level: High School Diploma
- Engaging personality and professional appearance
- Interest in the arts
- Strong speaking skills, Bi-lingual a plus
- Strong computer skills including experience with the Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc)
- The ideal candidate is a punctual and reliable team player with a positive attitude and strong organizational skills.
Salary: $27,040-$31,200 depending on experience, competitive benefits package available after 90 days.
Please email resume and cover letter to Director of Administration, Jen Soloway, at [email protected] with RECEPTIONIST in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Click here to learn more about our internship opportunities.
ArtsWestchester is an equal opportunity employer. ArtsWestchester seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and artistic interests to apply. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.