Our work in the community is based on the belief that the arts are for everyone, and thus our programs in and for the community are broad-reaching and varied. We are able to carry out these initiatives by collaborating with the community-based organizations that keep our towns and villages vibrant.
Follow the links to learn more about what ArtsWestchester is up to in your community!
- We bring artist residencies to schools, early childhood programs, mental health treatment centers, social service agencies and senior centers.
Learn more about Artist Residency programs in the community
- We provide one-time performances and presentations to school and community sites throughout the County.
- Our Folk Arts program identifies, documents, and showcases the work of local tradition bearers.
Visit the Folk Arts Program
- The innovative Summer Youth Photography Job Training Program gives White Plains students the opportunity to learn the basics of photography and to organize an exhibition of their work.
- In partnership with the Mount Vernon Public Library, we present a series of exhibitions in the Library’s Rotunda Gallery.
- In celebration of the holiday season from 2001-2013, ArtsWestchester partnered with arts organizations and venues throughout the county offered free admission to exhibitions, performances and workshops! Free Arts Day a Westchester holiday season tradition.
- From 2007-2011, ArtsWestchester partnered with some 50 community organizations and local libraries to bring The Big Read to Westchester.