Our work in the community is based on the belief that the arts are for everyone, and thus our programs in and for the community are broad-reaching and varied. We are able to carry out these initiatives by collaborating with the community-based organizations that keep our towns and villages vibrant.
Follow the links to learn more about what ArtsWestchester is up to in your community!
- We bring artist residencies to schools, early childhood programs, mental health treatment centers, social service agencies and senior centers.
Learn more about Artist Residency programs in the community
- We provide one-time performances and presentations to school and community sites throughout the County.
- Our Folk Arts program identifies, documents, and showcases the work of local tradition bearers.
Visit the Folk Arts Program
- Young Adult Leadership Council engages young adults 17- 22 yrs. to meet twice monthly to plan, evaluate, attend, promote and develop ArtsWestchester teen programs including current Teen Tuesdays & Thursdays program as well as learning careers and college readiness skills. To learn more, please visit here.
- Teen Tuesdays & Thursdays is virtual! Youth ages 12 years old and up can participate in weekly, pre-recorded art-making video hosted by a professional teaching artist. Learn to create original artwork using items commonly found in your home. Check out our playlist here.
- ArtsMobile is back on the road visiting sites throughout the County! With funding from White Plains Hospital and Con Edison, the ArtsMobile offers free, hands-on arts experiences at events, festivals, and organizations led by professional teaching artists in the visual and performing arts. Please click here to find out what ArtsMobile activities are coming up!
- Summer Youth Photography Job Training Program
- Mount Vernon Public Library Exhibition Series
- Free Arts Day
- The Big Read