ARTSWESTCHESTER GRANTS PROGRAM
ArtsWestchester grants reach every part of the County and make possible an extraordinary array of cultural activities. Our grants help:
- Westchester’s cultural organizations grow and support individual artists in the creation of new work.
- Museums and galleries present exhibitions of regional significance.
- Concerts feature musicians of the first rank.
- Conservatories provide need-based financial aid, making instruction more accessible.
- Community choruses, theaters, and orchestras give hundreds of people the chance to perform.
- Local arts councils custom-fit programs for their communities.
- Artists explore and share their personal visions.
Become a Panelist
Panelists play a central role in reviewing applications for funding. We rely on panels composed of individuals who represent a broad range of artistic and cultural viewpoints, as well as wide geographic and ethnic diversity, to provide advice about the artistic excellence and artistic merit of proposals in a variety of funding categories. Our panels are composed of both arts professionals and knowledgeable laypersons. Most panelists are arts professionals who are qualified by their activities, training, skills, and/or experience in one or more art forms. Every panel also includes a layperson – someone knowledgeable about the arts but not engaged in the arts as a profession either full- or part-time.
ArtsWestchester maintains a bank of potential panelists, and invites county residents, as well as colleagues in the field, to recommend panelists.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ArtsWestchester is committed to maintaining a balance of geographic, ethnic, and cultural diversity in its commitment to high standards of integrity and impartiality in its decision-making process. While every panelist nomination is considered, ArtsWestchester is not able to appoint every qualified nominee to a panel.