The Janet G. Peckham Gallery located on the ground floor of the ArtsWestchester is more than just a spectacular room, it is a state of the art gallery. Since 2005, ArtsWestchester has been mounting an increasingly ambitious series of visual arts exhibitions, with a focus on artists that have a Westchester connection.
The Sally and Melvin Shenkman Gallery on the second floor also features exhibitions, occasionally separate and apart from exhibitions on view on the ground floor.
Tours are available by appointment. Contact Logan Hanley at 914.428.4220 or email@example.com to book your tour today. Tours are scheduled Tuesdays – Saturdays in ArtsWestchester’s Gallery.
The Gallery is also available for private parties, fashion shoots, and film & television. For information about rentals, please click here.
The Gallery will be closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
The Social Fabric
October 13 2022 – Jan 22, 2023
by Amanda Browder
October 26- November 27, 2022
Who Writes History
April 23 – July 3, 2022
CHECK BACK FOR EXCITING UPDATES
ABOUT OUR 2023 EXHIBITION SEASON!
Creating During Covid
Streaming on line
Give Us The Vote 2020
A Virtual Exhibition
Visions 2020 | Plug In Your Paintbrush
A Virtual Exhibition
The Lawrence Salley Photography Award
2020 Virtual Exhibition
Nov. 5 2019 – Jan. 25, 2020
The Chair Show
October 1 – 19, 2019
A Photography Exhibition
March – May
Brick by Brick:
The Erie Canal and
the Building Boom
October 2018 – January 2019
May 8 – July 28, 2018
Give Us the Vote
October 2017 – February 2018
From the Streets
April – July 2017
The Photographer’s Journey
February – March 2017
March – June 2016
October 2016 – January 2017
To Our Visitors:
ArtsWestchester is committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment for all. Our historic Bank & Trust Building features 4,800ft2 of presentation space, soaring 20-foot high ceilings and distinctive palladium windows, making it a unique venue to experience the work of Hudson Valley Regional artists in thematic, community-centered programs. We invite you to visit our gallery to connect, to learn, to imagine, and to be inspired.
Your health and safety are our top priorities. ArtsWestchester is committed to following guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), New York State, and Westchester County for increased health and safety procedures. We ask that you observe all signage and instructions, and we reserve the right to ask anyone not following safety measures to leave the premises. If you are feeling unwell, we request that you stay home. We are happy to help you reschedule your visit.
In an effort to keep our visitors and staff safe, we have implemented the following policies:
- Timed entry tickets* are required for admission and may be purchased in advance or at the door, depending on availability.
- Proof of vaccination against COVID-19 with a WHO or FDA approved vaccine, or negative antigen or PCR COVID-19 test (results received within the previous 24 hours) is required for entry. Acceptable forms of proof of vaccination include: the NY State Excelsior Pass, CLEAR Health Pass, physical vaccination card or clear photo of the card with accompanying photo ID. Self-administered rapid tests will be available for those guests who for medical or religious reasons are not able to be vaccinated.
- Face coverings are required for special events including receptions, performances, and other public programs. Please see additional health and safety guidelines posted with the event information.
- Maintain physical distancing. Keep at least six feet from others.
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer regularly during your visit, especially after handling exhibition materials.
- Touchless exhibition guides/artwork tours are available via QR codes positioned throughout the gallery.
- One way traffic and/or other directional signs to manage flow of traffic and promote social distancing.
While you’re here, you can expect ArtsWestchester’s staff to:
- Adhere to ArtsWestchester’s Vistor’s Code of Conduct
- Limit the number of visitors in the space to facilitate social distancing.
- Stay home when we’re feeling unwell.
- Regularly clean high-touch services.
- Participate in Contact Tracing.
Planning your visit:
- Admission is $5 for all people over 12*. Admission is free for children under 12, students with valid college/university ID, and ArtsWestchester members.
- Timed entry tickets are required for admission and may be purchased in advance or at the door. Members are asked to book ahead.
- A limited number of tickets will be available for each time slot. Register ahead to guarantee entry at your preferred time!
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled entry time. It’s possible there may be some wait time outside. Come dressed for the weather! Note there is no coat or bag check at this time.
A Note about ArtsWestchester’s New Admission Fee:
ArtsWestchester is deeply committed to ensuring the arts are accessible to all. After more than 20 years of offering free admission to our exhibitions, we have decided to implement a $5 admission fee. Your contribution to ArtsWestchester through your ticket purchase helps to support the continued recovery of the arts sector in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
as of March 21, 2022