Thursday, November 5, 2015
6:30 pm - 11:30 pm
- WHAT: Lush Life, jazz and cocktails plus dinner and dancing in celebration of The New Rochelle Council on the Arts 40th Anniversary. Funds generated by this event will support future programming and enable NRCA to sponsor free arts events all year long.
- WHERE: Glen Island Harbour Club, New Rochelle, New York
- WHEN: Thursday, November 5, 2015
- THEME: Celebrating the centennial of composer, arranger, pianist Billy Strayhorn, the evening will recreate the glamour of the Big Band era, with live music and a headline performer as well as raffle/auction prizes and dancing.
- HONOREES: Those who have excelled in the various fields of the arts
Dramatic Arts: Tony Award-Winning Actress Frances Sternhagen and Family
Dance and Entertainment: Michael Armstrong, Senior VP of BET/ Paramount International; Pres. of the Board of Dance Theatre of Harlem
Visual Arts: Charles Fazzino, world-celebrated artist known for his 3-D Pop Art
Arts and Culture: Christopher John Farley, Author, Journalist, Arts and Culture Editor at The Wall Street Journal
Community Champion: Kathryn Donovan Wiegand, Musician, composer, accompanist and choral director, Director of Music Ministry Fellowship at Iona College, for extraordinary volunteer service
In addition, NRCA will honor the founding members of the NRCA whose vision paved the way for making New Rochelle an arts-rich and arts-supporting community.
Price: $160 per person; Tables of 12
Committee Chairs: Lynn Green, Angela Derecas Taylor, Theresa Kump Leghorn
- Honorees/Awards: Lynn/Theresa/Angela
- Journal/ Sponsorship sales: Margaret Chadwick, Melissa Riebe,
- Journal Editorial: Colleen Gardephe/Theresa Leghorn
- Entertainment: Leslie Demus and Chris Farley
- Décor/Venue: Terri Bowles/ Nancy Moloff
- Auction/Raffle/Goody Bag items:
- Videos: Melissa Riebe; Susan Nagib and chairs
- Outreach: Stephanie Tomei
- Publicity and Social Media: Melissa Riebe
- Invite/Branding: Susan Nagib
Event Location and Ticket Information
Glen Island Harbour Club
299 Weyman Ave.
New Rochelle, NY
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2015
Times: 6:30 pm - 11:30 pm