Sunday, March 1, 2015
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
2015 is Year of the Goat in the Chinese calendar. The Lunar New Year is celebrated for two weeks following February 19th. On Sunday, March 1st, ArtsWestchester partners with the Westchester/Hudson Valley chapter of OCA, a national advocacy group for Asian and Pacific Americans, to present a showcase of local and regional traditional artists across a wide variety of art forms, from music to dance, magic and visual arts.
With Performances by:
- The East River Ensemble of the Mensius Society of Chinatown – Sizhu “silk and bamboo” instrumental music
- New York Chinese Cultural Center Westchester Dance Ensemble
- Community musicians Isabel Peng on the Guzheng (plucked zither) and Ariane Kuo on the Yanqin (hammer dulcimer)
- Kwan’s Kung Fu of Peekskill, ringing in year of the Ram / Goat with a traditional Lion Dance, and
- Special Guest, Lin Li performing the mysterious Bian Lian changing face magic of the Sichuan opera tradition.
And… Artwork on display by photographer Bibiana Huang Matheis painter Lida Yang Zimmerman, Illustrator Ed Young and New Year Calligraphy by members of the Evergreen Club of Greenburgh.
Refreshments provided by Asian Temptation Restaurant.
Event Location and Ticket Information
31 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10601
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Sunday, March 1, 2015
Times: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm