Sunday, May 24, 2015
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
ArtsWestchester and Grupo Miztli, in association with the Theodore Young Community Center in Greenburgh present:
An Afternoon of Art, Music, Dance, Food from the State of Puebla, Mexico.
- Atl Tlachinolli – Aztec dances
- Mariachi Sol Mixteco – live music
- Banda Lo Que Buena – live music
- MAZarte Dance Company – folk dances of Puebla
- Carnaval de Huejotzingo – carnival mask dance
- Danze de Los Tecuanes – folk dances of Puebla
- Telpochcalli childrens dance group huahas dance
Exhibits of Mexican Arts and Crafts
- Dances of Puebla with Matha Zarate
- Crafts of Puebla with Aurelia Fernandez and Zafiro Acevedo
Traditional Foods of Puebla on sale throughout the event.
RAIN OR SHINE: Covered Performance and Audience area under magnificent Yosemite Park Pavilion roof.
Convenient location off 287 in Greenburgh, NY. Bee Line Bus stops nearby on White Plans Road. Metro North Harlem Line to White Plains, connect to Beeline Bus # 5, 13, and 14 on Route 119. Take the bus to the Yosemite Avenue stop going west or the Crossroads Shopping Center stop going east.
Parking is available in lot off Dakota Avenue, or at the Theodore Young Community Center off Manhattan Avenue just north of Route 119, Tarrytown – White Plains Road – follow path behind building to Yosemite Park. Additional parking at the Crossroads Shopping Center, on Route 119.
This event is made possible in part with support from the Folk Arts Program of the The New York State Council on the Arts, a State Agency, with support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NY State Legislature.
Event Location and Ticket Information
Yosemite Park / Theodore D. Young Community Center
Greenburgh, NY 10607
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Sunday, May 24, 2015
Times: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Presenter Phone: 914-428-4220 x 329