Monday, October 20, 2014 - Saturday, October 25, 2014
Take your artistic practice and kilnforming skills to the next level with this intensive workshop led by artist Ted Sawyer.
You’ll spend part of each day immersed in the visual riches of autumn in the lower Hudson Valley, gathering inspiration on field trips including Dia:Beacon, the Storm King Art Center, and Walkway over the Hudson, as well as visits to museums in Manhattan.
With the balance of your time, you’ll be digesting it all through the filters of frit, powder, and possibly some special glasses – all in the wonderful studio at Bullseye Resource Center New York.
For more information, email Bullseye Resource Center New York at [email protected], or call 914.835.3794.
Explore New York package includes:
- Lodging at the Stanton House Inn in Greenwich, CT
- Breakfast and lunch each day and two dinners
- Daily transportation to and from fields trips, tours, and accommodations
- All studio resources, materials, and instruction
A great opportunity for beginning to advanced kilnworkers as well as artists working primarily in other media.
Comments from past students
- “Explore Santa Fe with Ted was a fabulous experience.”
- “The whole program was well thought out, from site visits to studio exercises.”
- “I’m much more confident using these materials than when I started.”
About Ted Sawyer
Ted Sawyer received his BA in art with a focus in ceramics from Lewis and Clark College. From 1992-1993 he was the artist in residence at the Museum of Contemporary Craft in Portland, Oregon. In 1997 he joined Bullseye, where he is the Director of Research & Education. Sawyer teaches and lectures internationally and directs the production of Bullseye’s online educational videos. His glass work, which was featured in Corning’s New Glass Review 28, 30, 31, and 35 (in May 2014), has been exhibited at galleries and museums around the world, including Bullseye Gallery.
Event Location and Ticket Information
Bullseye Glass Resource Center
115 Hoyt Ave
Mamaroneck, New York
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Monday, October 20, 2014 - Saturday, October 25, 2014
Times: 12:00 am