Saturday, November 1, 2014
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Traditional Mexican holiday welcomes the Spirits return
See the Altar, Make Art Projects, Hear traditional Music, and get your face painted!
The Altar, made by Aurelia Fernandez, with contemporary artistic accompaniments from YOHO artists Michael Cuomo, Catherine Latson and Lee Romero is on view October 15 – November 2.
- 1 – 4 pm Face Painting: by Agostino Arts
- 1 – 4 pm Art Projects: Make pop-up books and face masks that feature Day of the Dead symbols, with YOHO artist Michael Cuomo and Mexican artist Zafiro Romero Acevedo.
- 1, 2, 3, and 4 pm Glenview Tours: A Glenview Explainer shows you the traditions of mourning for the departed by Victorian families and our Latin American neighbors, who celebrate El Dia de los Muertos. English, with bilingual guide.
- 4 pm Parade and Performance: Banda de lost Muertos, a 14-piece brass banda.
- Mexican food for purchase from Tacos El Poblano.
Programs free with Museum admission.
Event Location and Ticket Information
Hudson River Museum
511 Warburton Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10701
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Saturday, November 1, 2014
Times: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Presenter: Hudson River Museum
Presenter Phone: 914-963-4550
Presenter Website: www.hrm.org