Hoff-Barthelson Music School is proud to present the second faculty concert in the HB Artist Series, a captivating evening of classical music that promises to enchant and inspire audiences. The concert will be held on Friday, October 27, 2023, at 7:30 pm in the School’s Joan Behrens Bergman Auditorium, 25 School Lane, Scarsdale, New York.
Featured faculty members are Laura Giannini, violin; Andrew Gonzalez, viola; April Johnson, violin; Dominic Meiman, piano; Joseph Piscitelli, flute; Peter Seidenberg, cello; and Daniel Spitzer, clarinet with guest artist Emily White, piano. The program includes:
- Sonata for Flute and Piano by Francis Poulenc, a charming and witty work that blends neoclassicism and jazz elements in three contrasting movements.
- Sonatine by Darius Milhaud, a lively and rhythmic piece for flute and piano that showcases the composer’s characteristic style of polytonality and jazz influences.
- Danse de la Chèvre by Arthur Honegger, a solo flute piece that depicts the dance of a goat on a grassy hill after the winter snows have melted away.
- Sonata in F Major, K. 332 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, one of the three sonatas that Mozart published in Vienna in 1784 as his Op. 6. It has three movements: an Allegro in sonata form, an Adagio in B major, and a lively Allegro assai in rondo form.
- Clarinet Quintet in F-sharp minor, Op. 10 by Samuel Coleridge Taylor, a romantic and expressive work that features a dramatic opening theme, a lyrical slow movement, a playful scherzo, and a fugato finale.
Tickets are $20 general admission and free of charge to HBMS students. Tickets may be purchased in advance via Eventbrite, by visiting the School’s website (www.hbms.org), by calling 914-723-1169, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Program and artists subject to change.
For Additional Information: 914-723-1169, email@example.com, www.hbms.org.
About the HB Artist Faculty Concert Series
Hoff-Barthelson faculty comprises some of the nation’s most distinguished performers and educators. Many hold chairs in prominent New York orchestras, are members of world-class chamber ensembles, perform in major Broadway productions and are in international demand as solo artists. Others teach at leading conservatories including The Juilliard School, Manhattan School of Music, and Mannes College of Music. The School’s superb faculty has contributed to the Music School’s national recognition for unsurpassed leadership in music education, performance and community service. Hoff-Barthelson prides itself on providing access to these outstanding artist-educators in the heart of Westchester. Held in Scarsdale, these concerts guarantee riveting music making of the highest caliber, in an intimate setting, at prices far below those in New York’s major concert halls.
Additional concerts in the series will be held on November 17, 2023, and February 9, March 1, and April 19, 2024.
Photo: Andrew Gonzalez, violist – supplied by the artist
Event Location and Ticket Information
Hoff-Barthelson Music School
25 School Lane
Scarsdale, New York 10583
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Friday, October 27, 2023
Times: 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
$20 - General Admission
Free of Charge - HBMS Students
Presenter: Hoff-Barthelson Music School
Presenter Phone: 914-723-1169
Presenter Website: www.hbms.org