Sunday, April 17, 2016
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The 50th Annual Meeting of the New Castle Historical Society will be held on Sunday, April 17, 2016, from 2 pm – 4 pm.
In celebration of the New Castle Historical Society’s 50th Anniversary, they will be recreating their very first public meeting. The NCHS’s first public meeting was a “Recollection Tea” held at the First Congregational Church. Several local residents shared their memories of living in Chappaqua and Millwood. Their stories spanned many decades of New Castle family lore, anecdotes, and history.
This year, the NCHS will have several speakers that will also share their years of New Castle memories. Audience members will then have the opportunity to ask questions, and to share their own stories. This “Storytelling Potluck” is open for residents of all ages! After the presentation, please join the NCHS Board of Trustees, volunteers, members, and staff for tea and treats.
Do you have a story you would like to share? The NCHS would love to hear from you at their 50th Annual Meeting! As you look back on your time as a New Castle resident, consider these questions to get started:
* How long have you lived in New Castle?
* What have been some of your favorite local shops, restaurants, or businesses through the years?
* Where are/were your favorite outdoor parks or woods located?
* What are some of your memories of going to school in New Castle? Did you have a favorite place to play after school? Where was your first job?
* Were you married in New Castle?
* Did you raise a family in New Castle? If so, what are some of your favorite memories from that time?
For further information on this event, please contact Cassie Ward via phone at 914-238-4666 or via email at email@example.com.
Event Location and Ticket Information
Former Reader’s Digest Campus
480 Bedford Rd.
Chappaqua, NY 10514
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016
Times: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm