Thursday, November 2, 2017
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Getting health insurance or finding quality medical care can be confusing for anyone who isn’t covered by an employer or union health plan. Our Artists Health Insurance Resource Center identifies coverage options and helps members of the visual and performing arts community enroll in them.
ArtsWestchester is hosting an information session led by the Artists Health Insurance Resource Center (AHIRS), a program of The Actors Fund.
The AHIRS provides the following services through their New York and Los Angeles offices:
- Consultations in person, by phone and via email
- Weekly seminars on Affordable Care Act plans, Medicaid and Medicare
- Enrollment assistance in New York City and Los Angeles from certified application counselors
- Information and practical tips from our online educational materials, and an extensive database of nationwide health care and insurance resources
- Community outreach through participation in health fairs, arts conferences and other local events
- Advocacy for legislative changes that will make insurance more user-friendly and affordable – for example, the successful fight for a COBRA subsidy* in New York State for entertainment industry workers
Please RSVP by email to Lauren Brady or by phone 914.428.4220, ext. 316.
Event Location and Ticket Information
31 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10601
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Thursday, November 2, 2017
Times: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Presenter Phone: 914.428.4220
Presenter Website: www.artswestchester.org