ArtsWestchester’s Young Adult Leadership Council
ArtsWestchester is seeking qualified youth to join its Young Adult Leadership Council which will take place October 2021 through May 2022. ArtsWestchester’s Leadership Council engages young adults 17- 22 yrs. to meet twice monthly to plan, evaluate, attend, promote and develop ArtsWestchester teen programs including current Teen Tuesday & Thursday program as well as learning careers and college readiness skills.
Youth will be required to meet in-person (pending the safe return to in-person gatherings) 16 times total (two times monthly) from Oct – May to be a member the Leadership Council. In addition, youth will be expected to engage in a virtual discussion group as well as to meet virtually monthly one-on-one with a Youth Liaison. The Council will comprise of 15 youth that can serve on the Council multiple years for a maximum of 3 years.
A $500 stipend will be provided to cover the costs asscoiated with transportation to ArtsWestchester.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must enjoy the arts
- Must be available for all of the meeting dates
Leadership Council Requirements:
- Attend all of the meeting dates listed above. Meetings will be held at ArtsWestchester, 31 Mamaroneck Ave, White Plains. One date, in the spring, will be held at an alternate location.
- In November, December and February, you are expected to attend one Teen Tuesdays & Thursdays workshop. Workshops are scheduled weekly on a Tuesday or Thursday and you have the ability to choose a date that aligns with your schedule.
- At least once monthly, you are required to engage in a virtual discussion group with your peers.
- At least once monthly, you are required to meet virtually one-on-one with an ArtsWestchester youth liaison.
The Young Adult Leadership Program is an ArtsWestchester initiative made possible with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.