When Broadway stars support music education, they do it in a big way. On Wednesday, September 23, 2020, the Music Conservatory of Westchester will present its 19th Annual Gala virtually, and it will be nothing short of spectacular.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic impact, the White Plains, NY nonprofit community music school has adapted to teaching online lessons for the more than 3,000 students it serves throughout the greater Westchester County region. Despite current challenges, the Conservatory has continued its dedication to providing quality music education to students of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
Proceeds from the annual fundraiser will be used to improve the lives of children and adults with disabilities in the Music Therapy Program, U.S. military veterans with combat-related injuries in the Healing Our Heroes Program, and children whose only opportunity to participate in music training is through the Scholarship Program.
A star-studded roster of Tony Award-nominees, Grammy Award-celebrated musicians, and Broadway favorites are coming together (via the Internet) to support the Conservatory in its virtual fundraiser to celebrate the power of music in our community. The event will feature performances and special appearances by:
- Two-time Tony Award-winner and Achievement in the Arts honoree Christine Ebersole
- Emcee and WQXR radio host Elliott Forrest
- Grammy Award-nominee & premier singer-pianist Billy Stritch
- Grammy Award-nominee & Major League Baseball Hall of Famer Bernie Williams
- Two-time Tony Award-nominee Kate Baldwin (Hello, Dolly!, Finian’s Rainbow)
- Two-time Tony Award-nominee Alex Brightman (Beetlejuice, School of Rock)
- Tony Award-nominee Lilli Cooper (Tootsie)
- Broadway star Gizel Jimenez (Wicked)
- Rising Broadway star Ruby Shadley
More performances and appearances are still to be announced!
“You are the future of art,” Tony Award-nominee Lilli Cooper said in a message to Conservatory students. “And a big thanks to the Music Conservatory for helping our youth find their voices.”
To watch to the virtual fundraiser and donate to the Music Conservatory of Westchester’s cause, visit https://musicconservatory.org/support-us/annual-golf-tennis-classic-and-gala/.