Tutti Bravi Productions, Inc. issues a call for Westchester writers to submit their works about a Westchester person, place or event, to be produced as a theatrical piece by the Company. Manuscripts of plays, musicals, operas, poetry collections or essays which adhere to the guidelines, should be submitted digitally, no later than April 28, 2017.
Three semi-finalists will be selected from the entries, then interviewed for further insights into the piece, and to discuss a collaborative production process. Semi-finalists will be awarded an honorarium of $500 each.
The winning selection will be produced by Tutti Bravi Productions in two stages:
1 – As a staged reading in the Fall of 2017
2 – As a full production in 2018.
For complete guidelines, click here.
Supported in part by an Arts Alive Project Grants made possible with funds from the Decentralization Program (DEC) – a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the NYS Legislature – and administered by ArtsWestchester.
The Municipal Arts Commission and the City of New Rochelle’s Department of Development are holding an open call for street art. This project is open to all artists living anywhere in the U.S. Entries will be submitted digitally. See the download form below. For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Artists may submit singularly or as a team. Artists are asked to create a depiction of their proposed street art that closely indicates how they envision their work in real space. Photoshop renderings are preferred.
Purpose of Project
• Add art to the public realm in downtown New Rochelle.
• Create a ‘signature’ on-the-street work that can be replicated at multiple locations around the city.
• Enliven the streetscape in downtown.
• Improve pedestrian safety by alerting drivers to pedestrian traffic.
• Create a welcoming vibrant downtown.
• Create a sense of connection between downtown and North Avenue.
• Create an artwork suitable for placement on a section of road, some samples are shown below along with one generic example of a site.
• Provide a design suitable for replication. Design must take cost of production and installation into consideration, however production and installation are not the responsibility of the artist.
• Design must be scalable to full width of a city street.
Artists are strongly encouraged to view the city’s website www.newrochelleny.com to understand city goals and initiatives particularly in relation to the arts, downtown development, and transportation before making a submission.
• Artists may submit singularly or as a team.
• Artists are asked to create a depiction of their proposed work that closely indicates how they envision their work in real space.
• Photoshop renderings are preferred. Please include a flat rendering and also an image of the work overlaid on the photograph provided below.
• Artists are not expected to execute the work on-site however the cost of production and installation will be considered when choosing the winning design(s).
• The selected winner(s) will be awarded $2500.
• The deadline for submission of entries is February 28, 2017.
The jury of selection reserves the right to choose more than one winning entry depending on the quality and suitability of work received.
The jury of selection will consist of members of The Municipal Arts Commission of the City of New Rochelle, Department of Public Works Director of Traffic Engineering; and the Development Department’s Senior Real Estate Manager. For questions: email@example.com
December 9, 2016: Call for art
February 28, 2017: Artist submissions are due
March 15, 2017: Selected artist(s) are notified
“Beautiful Plain No.1” (AWARD)
The Color Camera Club of Westchester is proud to sponsor our 44th International Photography Exhibition recognized by the Photographic Society of America. The deadline for entries is March 4th, 2017. The exhibition is open to everyone.
For complete all the information and instructions, click here.
March 4, 2017 Closing Date March 4, 2017
March 18, 2017 Judging Date
April 1, 2017 Notification Date
June 3, 2017 On-Line Catalog Available
There are two exhibition sections:
1. Projected Image Division (PID) – Color Open/General
2. Nature Division (ND)
Up to four entries may be made in each section.