The Municipal Arts Commission and the City of New Rochelle’s Department of Development are holding an open call for street art. This project is open to all artists living anywhere in the U.S. Entries will be submitted digitally. See the download form below. For questions: email@example.com
Artists may submit singularly or as a team. Artists are asked to create a depiction of their proposed street art that closely indicates how they envision their work in real space. Photoshop renderings are preferred.
Purpose of Project
• Add art to the public realm in downtown New Rochelle.
• Create a ‘signature’ on-the-street work that can be replicated at multiple locations around the city.
• Enliven the streetscape in downtown.
• Improve pedestrian safety by alerting drivers to pedestrian traffic.
• Create a welcoming vibrant downtown.
• Create a sense of connection between downtown and North Avenue.
• Create an artwork suitable for placement on a section of road, some samples are shown below along with one generic example of a site.
• Provide a design suitable for replication. Design must take cost of production and installation into consideration, however production and installation are not the responsibility of the artist.
• Design must be scalable to full width of a city street.
Artists are strongly encouraged to view the city’s website www.newrochelleny.com to understand city goals and initiatives particularly in relation to the arts, downtown development, and transportation before making a submission.
• Artists may submit singularly or as a team.
• Artists are asked to create a depiction of their proposed work that closely indicates how they envision their work in real space.
• Photoshop renderings are preferred. Please include a flat rendering and also an image of the work overlaid on the photograph provided below.
• Artists are not expected to execute the work on-site however the cost of production and installation will be considered when choosing the winning design(s).
• The selected winner(s) will be awarded $2500.
• The deadline for submission of entries is February 28, 2017.
The jury of selection reserves the right to choose more than one winning entry depending on the quality and suitability of work received.
The jury of selection will consist of members of The Municipal Arts Commission of the City of New Rochelle, Department of Public Works Director of Traffic Engineering; and the Development Department’s Senior Real Estate Manager. For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
December 9, 2016: Call for art
February 28, 2017: Artist submissions are due
March 15, 2017: Selected artist(s) are notified
|Contact Name||Municipal Arts Commission|