NEW! Open Call: Proposals for Public Art
for the launch of the newly redesigned Wolf’s Lane Park in Village of Pelham
The Pelham Art Center is seeking proposals for temporary public art, including solo and group exhibitions to be installed within the five-acre Village of Pelham’s newly redesigned Wolf’s Lane Park. This exhibition will launch a newly created sculpture garden as well as introducing the entire park renovation to the public. We are looking for work that will be sited for three to six months, activates the park, while considering the scale, landscape and overall use of the public space. We strongly encourage site-specific proposals. Proposals will be selected by our Gallery Advisory Committee on the basis of creativity, interactivity, structural integrity and sustainability. The work will be installed across from the Metro North Railroad Pelham Station, at 1st Street and Wolf’s Lane in the Village of Pelham.
* Creativity/interactivity: Your work should be visually engaging and invite viewers of all ages to enter the park to experience the work further.
* Structural Integrity: Your work must be able to withstand three months of exposure to New York weather as well as unsupervised interaction from passers-by and visitors to Pelham day and night.
* Sustainability: Given the temporary nature of the installation, we encourage the submission of work created with found materials, or from materials that can be temporarily appropriated and then reused after the installation.
Receiving and Removal of Work: The artist will be responsible for transporting their work to and from Wolf’s Lane Park. Pelham Art Center cannot pay for shipping.
Installation: The artist will be responsible for installing and de-installing their artwork. Pelham Art Center cannot provide assistance for the installation and de-installation of the work.
Stipend: Pelham Art Center offers a $200 stipend to help offset material or transportation costs.
Publicity: Pelham Art Center will publicize the installation of the work through notices and stories to over 100 local media outlets, our email database of 10,000 as well as on our website (www.pelhamartcenter.org.) As a newly redesigned park spanning through the heart of Pelham, all community partners including the Village of Pelham, will promote this inaugural public art exhibition. Wolf’s Lane Park is located directly across from the Southbound entrance of the historic Metro North Railroad Pelham station. The park is used frequently by residents, tourists, and commuters alike, and we can assure a constant flow of traffic and many eyes on the work.
Timeline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Three proposals will be realized per year.
Email proposals to: [email protected]
1. Contact information: name, address, email, phone number
2. Images: 5-10 digital images of work to be exhibited or similar to what will be shown, labeled as follows, 01LastName_FirstName, 02LastName_FirstName…If the work is in the proposal phase- please submit a detailed proposal with to scale drawings, similar images, photoshopped images, etc. so we completely understand your proposal.
3. Image List: The numbers on the image list should correspond with the digital images. Include the title, date, medium, dimensions, and a brief description of the work (less than 50 words for each image).
4. Project Statement: A brief (250-500 words) with a description of the work and how the work relates to one of the criteria listed above.
5. Resume: 3 page max – Please include your name, address, phone number and email address along with exhibition and educational background.
6. Artist Statement: 1pg max
5. Installation Plan
|Is Project Ongoing?