Mark your calendars for Jazz Fest 2017: Sept 13th – Sept 17th!
Returning to the city of White Plains for its sixth year, the 2017 Jazz Fest promises to be a five-day celebration of jazz for music lovers of all ages. A partnership between ArtsWestchester, the City of White Plains and the White Plains BID, Jazz Fest has become a signature White Plains event of free and affordable jazz performances attracting jazz enthusiasts from throughout Westchester County and beyond.
Recently awarded Best Jazz Festival by Westchester Magazine, Jazz Fest offers concerts at a variety of White Plains venues throughout the week culminating in a free outdoor Jazz & Food Festival on Mamaroneck Avenue on Sunday, September 17, 2017.
2017 Jazz Fest White Plains Concert Lineup
Wednesday, September, 13:
- Noon – Downtown Music at Grace Concert – A performance by the Hiroshi Yamazaki Ensemble with Glenda Davenport.
- 12:30 – 2:30pm – Court Street Farmer’s Market – Live Jazz with the Art Bennett Quartet.
- 6:00 – 11:00pm – White Plains Jazz Stroll: A sampling of local jazz talent in restaurants in downtown White Plains.
- 6pm: Mediterraneo White Plains: 189 Main Street | 914-448-8800 | Albert Rivera Jazz Trio
- 7pm: Morton’s The Steakhouse: 5 Mamaroneck Avenue | 914-683-6101 | Alexis Cole
- 8pm: Pick & Roll Soul: 49 Mamaroneck Avenue | 914-437-7393 | Jeanne Ricks
- 9pm: Ron Blacks Beer Hall: 181 Mamaroneck Avenue | 914-358-5811 | Open Jazz Mic hosted by Gil Parris
Thursday, September 14:
31 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains, NY
One Ticket – Two Performances!
- 7:30 – 9:30pm – Ray Blue Quintet – Peekskill based jazz tenor saxophonist and jazz educator brings his ensemble to ArtsWestchester’s gallery stage with a blend of classic jazz and original compositions.
- 10:00pm – Midnight – Jazz Jam, led by Pianist/Composer and Head of the Jazz Studies at SUNY Purchase, Pete Malinverni. Open to all musicians.
Friday, September 15:
At Galleria-White Plains
100 Main Street, White Plains, NY
- 12:15pm – Charlie Lagond and Kaleidescope – performing World Beat, Jazz Fusion and Funk
31 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains, NY
- 8:00pm – Pablo Mayor Septet – Versatile Colombian pianist and composer blends an exciting mix of traditional and contemporary South American musical styles into the jazz idiom with a core group from his acclaimed orchestra, Folklore Urbano.
Saturday, September 16:
At White Plains Performing Arts Center
11 City Place, White Plains, NY
- 8:00pm – The Paquito D’Rivera Quintet – Iconic Cuban American virtuoso of the clarinet and saxophone, composer and fourteen-time Grammy winner in both jazz and classical categories brings his unique blend of a global sensitivity to Jazz Fest.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit the White Plains Performing Arts Center website.
Sunday, September 17: White Plains Jazz and Food Festival (Noon – 5:30pm), FREE
At the Jazz Fest Main Stage on Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, NY
- NOON – 12:45pm – SUNY Purchase Jazz All-Stars (Details to come).
- 1:00 – 1:50pm – Kenny Lee All Stars – White Plains’ own Kenny Lee (trumpet/ flugel horn) – straight ahead jazz.
- 2:10 – 3:00pm – Steve Kroon Latin Jazz Sextet. Puerto Rican percussionist extraordinaire to jazz, Latin and R&B icons leads his Latin jazz ensemble through a dynamic blend of classic and original music.
- 3:20 – 4:10pm – Sage. An all-women’s jazz, blues and contemporary ensemble, Sage creates a sound that transcends time and generation – part contemporary, part nostalgic and a whole lot of soul.
- 4:30 – 5:30pm – Donald Harrison – From the birthplace of American Jazz, New Orleans based saxophonist, educator, and “Big Chief” brings the festival to a close with the spirit of Congo Square – where it all started.
Plus, Jazz Fest is pleased to welcome Food Bank for Westchester’s Empty Bowls event to downtown White Plains from noon – 5:30pm. Be sure to stop by their display to purchase an artist-made bowl with delicious soup served by local chefs – – all to raise awareness for Hunger Action Month.
And, enjoy live interviews with Westchester musicians here presented by White Plains Library’s Oral History Project and ArtsWestchester.
Be sure to “like” us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ArtsWestchester to get the latest news about Jazz Fest 2017 and more Westchester arts events.
To become a 2017 Jazz Fest Sponsor, call Debbie Scates at 914.428.4220 x.315 or download this form and return it to Debbie’s attention at ArtsWestchester.
|Media Sponsors||Official Hotel Sponsor|
|All New York Title Insurance||Loola Doola|
|Apple Bank||The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester|
|Famous Famiglia||RM Friedland Realty|
|Food Bank for Westchester, Inc.||T-Mobile|
|Galleria White Plains||Webster Bank|
|Kimco Realty Corp.||Westchester Business Center|
*lists in formation
Restaurant & Food Partners
|Alex Lounge||Hastings Tea & Coffee|
|Buffalo Wild Wings||Holy Crab|
Presented in Conjuction with