Contact & Info
Meera Agarwal's art is inspired by nature, her native India and travels. Largely self-taught, Meera has been painting for three decades and is pursuing a second career as an artist & teacher. She works primarily with oil, acrylic & mixed media. "Mine is definitely a tale of two states (of mind) - my life as an American and my Indian roots. Sometimes I gravitate toward my subjects due to a connect to the verve and vibrancy of India. I’m influenced by all that I experience, unafraid, I pretty much paint as a response to a spontaneous reaction, an emotion or sheer beauty of a subject, and that reflects in my choice of diverse subjects, style, techniques and composition.” Through her art, Meera offers her worldview and a narrative of her Indian heritage and culture. Her award-winnings paintings are routinely juried into prominent exhibits in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. Whether it’s starting a new painting or teaching, Meera hopes to always treat her art like an amateur - to work on each piece with the same verve, openness, wonder & curiosity of a beginner.
Recent Juried Exhibitions:
- 2021 Rye's Above - Rye Arts Center and Rye Rotary's Public Art Project (May - Sept., 2021) https://www.ryeartscenter.org/ryesabove
- 2021 Together apART - Arts Westchester's Creating during Covid Exhibit (May 7 - Aug. 1, 2021) https://artswestchester.org/together-apart-creating-during-covid/
- 2021 Greenwich Arts Council's Art to the Avenue Exhibit (May - June, 2021) To view or purchase, click on link https://www.greenwichartscouncil.org/pageag
- 2021 EAST RISING by Jaipur Contemporary & Jaipur Journal - Online Exhibit featuring Women artists of the East https://www.jaipur-contemporary.com/meera-agarwal (April - June, 2021)
- 2021 Nature's Art, Rye Arts Center - Featured Artist- paintings inspired by geodes on exhibit (May - Aug., 2021)
- 2021 W IS FOR WOMAN - ONLINE EXHIBIT, Jaipur Contemporary (Jan - March, 2021)
- 2020-2021 Rye Arts Center Member Exhibit. Rye, NY (Dec 2020 - Jan 2021)
- 2020 Rooted to Hope Exhibit to support Coalition for Rainforest Nations hosted Online by Stamford Art Association, Stamford (CT) (Nov. 15 - Dec. 17)
- 2020 Art Gym Denver (CO) USPS Art Project Online Exhibit Painting 1: We are all connected and Painting 2: Window to the soul (Dec 1, 2020- Jan 2021)
- 2020 Sunset Art Studio Dallas (TX) USPS Art Project Artist Collaboration (Oct. 1 - 31)
- 2020 Greenwich Art Society 103rd Annual Juried Exhibit (Sept. 30 - Oct. 31) Juror: Geaninne Guimarães, Associate Curator, Guggenheim
- 2020 Ely Center of Contemporary Art - USPS Art Project (Sept. 24 - Nov. 15) Collaboration with another artist
- 2020 NRAA's 105th Annual Juried show (Sept. 30 - Oct. 31) Award recognition in Acrylic Painting category
- 2020 Virtual Exhibit Global Expressions Blue Door Art Center (Sept. 14 - Oct. 24)
- 2020 USPS ART PROJECT In-person Exhibit at The Pelham Art Center (Aug 1st -31)
- 2020 Virtual Exhibit At Home, For Home - Greenwich Art Society Annual Member Show (July - Sept. 11)
- 2020 Virtual Exhibit Rye Arts Center Instructor Showcase, June
- 2020 VIRTUAL EXHIBIT Hudson & so it flows, The Blue Door Art Center. Jurors: Luis Perelman & Michele Amaro. June.
- 2020 VIRTUAL EXHIBIT NY State of Mind, InsideSmallExhibits. Juror: Lisa D'Amico. May.
- 2020 Abstract Views, The Art Closet & King Street Gallery. Jurors: Peg Sackler & Leslie Weissman (Chappaqua, NY)
- 2020 Faces and Figures, Stamford Art Association. Juror: Jill Sarver, The Knowlton, Bridgeport (CT)
- 2019 Greenwich Arts Society's Unity in Diversity, Bendheim Gallery. Juror: Hilary Reder (MoMA, NYC).
- 2019 Inside Small - Small Works Juried Show, Sable Art Gallery, Ridewood NJ. Jurors: Eric Laxman, Julie Ramos & Laura Straus. Awarded Curator's Best in Show.
- 2019 Greenwich Art Society - Annual Juried Show - Bendheim Gallery, Greenwich CT. Juror: Hillary Reder (MoMA, NYC).
- 2019 Inside Small - Small Works Juried Show, Greenwich Botanical Center, Greenwich CT. Jurors: Eric Laxman, Julie Ramos, Colleen Vanderhoef & Laura Straus
- 2019 Mamaroneck Artists Guild 15th Annual Juried Small Works Show, Juror: Susan Eley (NYC)
- 2019 Greenwich Art Society’s 102nd Annual Juried Exhibit, Juror: Megan Fontanella (Guggenheim-NYC). Greenwich (CT)
- 2018 Inside Small, Jurors: Jurors - Grace Knowlton, Marlene Krumm-Sanders & Eleanor Grace Miller, Piermont (NY)
- 2018 38th Annual Faber Birren National Color Award Show, Juror: Lindsay Ganter (The Met). Stamford Art Association, Stamford (CT)
- 2018 New Rochelle Art Association 103rd Annual Juried show, Juror: Anne von Stuelpnagel (Burce Museum). Lumen Winter Gallery, New Rochelle (NY)
- 2018-2019 Fall Fantasy, Art at the Ferguson, Juror: Barbara Mathis. The Ferguson Library, Stamford (CT). Awarded third place overall. Awarded First in Painting.
- 2018 Far Away Places, Juror: Dennis Bradbury (Haviland Gallery, Norwalk). Stamford Art Association, Stamford (CT)
About Meera Agarwal
Previously a high-tech public relations specialist in Silicon Valley, Meera is now a visual artist and also teaches painting. She volunteers with local non-profits like the Rye Arts Center, Port Chester Carver Center and Big Picture Foundation (BPF). An Indian cinephile, she serves on the Discover Indian Cinema advisory board of the India Cultural Center of Greenwich, CT. Meera holds a Bachelors in Management Studies from the Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani, India, and a Masters in Corporate & Public Communications from Seton Hall University, New Jersey.
Saturday, June 26, 2021
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
No blog posts written yet.