Contact & Info
“My paintings are inspired by places, people and their unique stories. I’m equally inspired by nature and everyday marvels of colors, textures and light effects that we experience. With my art, I aim to evoke an emotion, a memory, strike any chord or simply intrigue the viewer. I paint as a response to a spontaneous reaction, a feeling or sheer beauty of a subject, and that reflects in my choice of diverse subjects, style, techniques and composition.”
Recent Juried Exhibitions:
- 2022 Solo Exhibit at Heart Art Creations Gallery, Larchmont, NY (Oct. 31st to Dec. 1st) https://www.meeraworldart.com/
- 2022 Rye Arts Center Instructor Exhibit, Rye NY (June 27 - Sept. 9)
- 2022 Greenwich Arts Council's Art to the Avenue, Greenwich, CT (May 2-31)
- 2022 Mamaroneck Artists Guild 17th Annual Juried Small Works Show, Mamaroneck, NY (March 29, April 23)
- 2022 Larchmont Arts on the Avenue., Larchmont, NY (April 2-30)
- 2022 Rye Arts Center Member Exhibit. Rye, NY (Dec 2021 - Jan 2022)
- 2021 Rye's Above - Rye Arts Center and Rye Rotary's Public Art Initiative & Fundraiser, Rye, NY (May - Sept.)
- 2021 Together apART - Arts Westchester's Creating during Covid Exhibit (May 7 - Aug. 1)
- 2021 Greenwich Arts Council's Art to the Avenue Exhibit (May - June) To view or purchase, click on link
- 2021 Art to the Ave at Lilly Pulitzer - 92 Greenwich Ave, Greenwich (CT) (May 6 - May 31) Link to map:
- 2021 EAST RISING by Jaipur Contemporary & Jaipur Journal - Online Exhibit featuring Women artists of the East (April - June)
- 2021 Nature's Art, Rye Arts Center - paintings inspired by geodes on exhibit (May - Sept.)
- 2021 W IS FOR WOMAN - ONLINE EXHIBIT, Jaipur Contemporary (Jan - March)
- 2020-2021 Rye Arts Center Member Exhibit. Rye, NY (Dec 2020 - Jan 2021)
- 2020 Rooted to Hope Exhibit to support Coalition for Rainforest Nations hosted Online by Stamford Art Association, Stamford (CT) (Nov. 15 - Dec. 17)
- 2020 Art Gym Denver (CO) USPS Art Project Online Exhibit (Dec 1, 2020- Jan 2021)
- 2020 Sunset Art Studio Dallas (TX) USPS Art Project Artist Collaboration (Oct. 1 - 31)
- 2020 Greenwich Art Society 103rd Annual Juried Exhibit (Sept. 30 - Oct. 31) Juror: Geaninne Guimarães, Associate Curator, Guggenheim
- 2020 Ely Center of Contemporary Art - USPS Art Project (Sept. 24 - Nov. 15) Collaboration with another artist
- 2020 NRAA's 105th Annual Juried show (Sept. 30 - Oct. 31) Award recognition in Acrylic Painting category
- 2020 Virtual Exhibit Global Expressions Blue Door Art Center (Sept. 14 - Oct. 24)
- 2020 USPS ART PROJECT In-person Exhibit at The Pelham Art Center (Aug 1st -31)
- 2020 Virtual Exhibit At Home, For Home - Greenwich Art Society Annual Member Show (July - Sept. 11)
- 2020 Virtual Exhibit Rye Arts Center Instructor Showcase, June
- 2020 VIRTUAL EXHIBIT Hudson & so it flows, The Blue Door Art Center. Jurors: Luis Perelman & Michele Amaro. June.
- 2020 VIRTUAL EXHIBIT NY State of Mind, InsideSmallExhibits. Juror: Lisa D'Amico. May.
- 2020 Abstract Views, The Art Closet & King Street Gallery. Jurors: Peg Sackler & Leslie Weissman (Chappaqua, NY)
- 2020 Faces and Figures, Stamford Art Association. Juror: Jill Sarver, The Knowlton, Bridgeport (CT)
- 2019 Greenwich Arts Society's Unity in Diversity, Bendheim Gallery. Juror: Hilary Reder (MoMA, NYC).
- 2019 Inside Small - Small Works Juried Show, Sable Art Gallery, Ridewood NJ. Jurors: Eric Laxman, Julie Ramos & Laura Straus. Awarded Curator's Best in Show.
- 2019 Greenwich Art Society - Annual Juried Show - Bendheim Gallery, Greenwich CT. Juror: Hillary Reder (MoMA, NYC).
- 2019 Inside Small - Small Works Juried Show, Greenwich Botanical Center, Greenwich CT. Jurors: Eric Laxman, Julie Ramos, Colleen Vanderhoef & Laura Straus
- 2019 Mamaroneck Artists Guild 15th Annual Juried Small Works Show, Juror: Susan Eley (NYC)
- 2019 Greenwich Art Society’s 102nd Annual Juried Exhibit, Juror: Megan Fontanella (Guggenheim-NYC). Greenwich (CT)
- 2018 Inside Small, Jurors: Jurors - Grace Knowlton, Marlene Krumm-Sanders & Eleanor Grace Miller, Piermont (NY)
- 2018 38th Annual Faber Birren National Color Award Show, Juror: Lindsay Ganter (The Met). Stamford Art Association, Stamford (CT)
- 2018 New Rochelle Art Association 103rd Annual Juried show, Juror: Anne von Stuelpnagel (Burce Museum). Lumen Winter Gallery, New Rochelle (NY)
- 2018-2019 Fall Fantasy, Art at the Ferguson, Juror: Barbara Mathis. The Ferguson Library, Stamford (CT). Awarded third place overall. Awarded First in Painting.
- 2018 Far Away Places, Juror: Dennis Bradbury (Haviland Gallery, Norwalk). Stamford Art Association, Stamford (CT)
About Meera Agarwal
Westchester NY-based Meera Agarwal is an artist and art instructor. Meera works in oil, acrylic & mixed media. Her award-winning paintings are both representational and abstract, inspired by places, people and their unique stories. Her work is routinely juried into prominent exhibits in the tri-state area. She is also a certified Art-o-Mat artist (creating art for art vending machines across the US). In 2021, she forayed into the public art space with Rye Arts Center’s metal butterfly sculpture installation. Meera actively volunteers her time to serve many nonprofits in the area. Meera’s paintings are in home collections globally spanning the U.S., Canada, India, the U.K. and Australia.
Chennai (India)-born Meera holds a Bachelors in Management Studies from the Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani, India, and a Masters in Corporate & Public Communications from Seton Hall University, New Jersey.
No blog posts written yet.