Contact & Info
Meera Agarwal's art is inspired by nature, her native India and travels. Largely self-taught, Meera has been painting for three decades and creates oil, acrylic & mixed media paintings. "Mine is definitely a tale of two states (of mind) - my life as an American and my Indian roots. I gravitate toward my subjects due to a connect to the verve and vibrancy of India. Sometimes, issues I feel strongly about, take shape on canvas - in an abstract or contemplative form." Through her art, Meera offers her worldview and a narrative of her Indian heritage and culture. Her award-winnings paintings are routinely juried into prominent exhibits in New Jersey, Westchester (NY), and Fairfield (CT) counties. Whether it’s starting a new painting or teaching, Meera hopes to always treat her art like an amateur - to work on each piece with the same verve, openness, wonder & curiosity of a beginner.
Recent Juried Exhibitions:
- 2020 Abstract Views, The Art Closet & King Street Gallery. Jurors: Peg Sackler & Leslie Weissman (Chappaqua, NY)
- 2020 Faces and Figures, Stamford Art Association. Juror: Jill Sarver, The Knowlton, Bridgeport (CT)
- 2019 Greenwich Arts Society's Unity in Diversity, Bendheim Gallery. Juror: Hilary Reder (MoMA, NYC).
- 2019 Inside Small - Small Works Juried Show, Sable Art Gallery, Ridewood NJ. Jurors: Eric Laxman, Julie Ramos & Laura Straus. Awarded Curator's Best in Show.
- 2019 Greenwich Art Society - Annual Juried Show - Bendheim Gallery, Greenwich CT. Juror: Hillary Reder (MoMA, NYC).
- 2019 Inside Small - Small Works Juried Show, Greenwich Botanical Center, Greenwich CT. Jurors: Eric Laxman, Julie Ramos, Colleen Vanderhoef & Laura Straus
- 2019 Mamaroneck Artists Guild 15th Annual Juried Small Works Show, Juror: Susan Eley (NYC)
- 2019 Greenwich Art Society’s 102nd Annual Juried Exhibit, Juror: Megan Fontanella (Guggenheim-NYC). Greenwich (CT)
- 2018 Inside Small, Jurors: Jurors - Grace Knowlton, Marlene Krumm-Sanders & Eleanor Grace Miller, Piermont (NY)
- 2018 38th Annual Faber Birren National Color Award Show, Juror: Lindsay Ganter (The Met). Stamford Art Association, Stamford (CT)
- 2018 New Rochelle Art Association 103rd Annual Juried show, Juror: Anne von Stuelpnagel (Burce Museum). Lumen Winter Gallery, New Rochelle (NY)
- 2018-2019 Fall Fantasy, Art at the Ferguson, Juror: Barbara Mathis. The Ferguson Library, Stamford (CT). Awarded third place overall. Awarded First in Painting.
- 2018 Far Away Places, Juror: Dennis Bradbury (Haviland Gallery, Norwalk). Stamford Art Association, Stamford (CT)
About Meera Agarwal
Previously a high-tech public relations specialist in Silicon Valley, Meera is now a visual artist and also teaches painting. She volunteers with local non-profits like the Carver Center (Port Chester, NY) and Big Picture Foundation (BPF). An Indian cinephile, she serves on the Discover Indian Cinema advisory board of the India Cultural Center of Greenwich, CT. Meera holds a Bachelors in Management Studies from the Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani, India, and a Masters in Corporate & Public Communications from Seton Hall University, New Jersey.