The Taconic Opera summer program for emerging opera singers, New York Opera Conservatory (NYOC), offers you an opportunity to hear the upcoming generation of professional singers as they gain valuable experience perfecting their craft. Established in 2018, the NYOC helps to fill an unmet need among singers to gain valuable hands-on experience through actual performance.
The programs to be presented include two categories: great solos from famous oratorios and scenes from beloved operas. Each event in the series listed below will have a different cast, making every performance completely unique from all the others – an all-classical version of America’s Got Talent!
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
801 Kitchewan Road (Route 134), Ossining, NY
- Sunday, July 8, 7pm – solos from Mozart’s Mass in C
- Saturday, July 14, 7pm – solos from Haydn’s Creation
- Sunday, July 15, 7 pm – solos from Rossini’s Messe Solenelle & Puccini’s Messa di Gloria
Croton Free Library
171 Cleveland Drive, Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- July 20, 7pm – Mozart’s Magic Flute
- July 21, 7pm – Mozart’s Magic Flute
For information about the NY Opera Conservatory, visit the Conservatory website: http://www.newyorkoperaconservatory.com.
For more information about Taconic Opera or to sign up for event notices, visit the website: www.TaconicOpera.org.