The Taconic Opera summer program for emerging opera singers, New York Opera Conservatory (NYOC), offers you an opportunity to hear the upcoming generation of professional singers as they gain valuable experience perfecting their craft. Established in 2018, the NYOC helps to fill an unmet need among singers to gain valuable hands-on experience through actual performance.
The programs to be presented include two categories: great solos from famous oratorios and scenes from beloved operas. Each event in the series listed below will have a different cast, making every performance completely unique from all the others – an all-classical version of America’s Got Talent!
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
801 Kitchewan Road (Route 134), Ossining, NY
- Sunday, August 12, 7pm – Solos from Mendelssohn’s Elijah
- Sunday, August 19, 7pm – Solos from Handel’s Messiah
Croton Free Library
171 Cleveland Drive, Croton-on-Hudson, NY
- Tuesday, August 21, 7pm – Mozart’s comedy Cosí fan tutte (Women are like that)
- Thursday, August 23, 7pm – Mozart’s comedy Cosí fan tutte (Women are like that)
- Friday, August 24, 7pm – Mozart’s comedy Cosí fan tutte (Women are like that)
- Saturday, August 25, 7pm – Mozart’s comedy Cosí fan tutte (Women are like that)
For information about the NY Opera Conservatory, visit the Conservatory website: http://www.newyorkoperaconservatory.com.
For more information about Taconic Opera or to sign up for event notices, visit the website: www.TaconicOpera.org.