Please join us online via Zoom at the Hudson Valley Writers Center this February 2021.
We have kicked off our reading series, which is free, though donations are welcome and much appreciated. Readings include:
- Carolyn Forché and Lori Soderlind on Sunday, February 7 at 4 pm. They noted authors will read from their recent memoirs and engage in a lively Q&A.
- JP Howard and Marilyn Nelson on Wednesday, February 10 at 7 pm.
- Alicia Ostriker, Roger Reeves and Jeffrey Yang on Wednesday, February 24 at 7 pm.
The HVWC also offers multi-week workshops via Zoom in different genres of writing, including:
- Writing, Revising & Publishing Short Fiction with Beth Hahn, six Tuesdays 5-7:30 pm via Zoom beginning February 16.
- Editing & Revising Your ‘Finished Poems’ for Publication with Justin Wymer, six Tuesdays 5-7 pm via Zoom beginning February 16.
- Write, Write, Write! A Fiction Workshop for Teens with Tina Tocco, five Sundays 1-3 pm via Zoom beginning February 28.
We are proud to offer 9 one-day workshops in February showcasing different genres and instructors. We offer scholarships as well on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Order and Disorder, Pattern and Variation, Centripal and Centrifugal with Patrick Donnelly, on Saturday, February 6 at 12:30 pm
- Giving Voice: Creative Nonfiction / Memoir Intensive with Mindy Lewis, on Sunday, February 7 at 12:30 pm
- What’s Love Got to Do With It? The power and magnificence of love intentional writing with Karen Finley, on Saturday, February 13 at 12:30 pm
- The Joy of Editing with Daniel Lawless & Frances Richey, on Sunday, February 14 at 12:30 pm
- Midrash Workshop with Alicia Ostriker, on Saturday, February 20 at 12:30 pm
- The 36 Chambers: Writing a “Mix-Tape” Poem with Kofi Antwi, on Sunday, February 21 at 12:30 pm
- Write an Electric Ten-Minute Play with Barbara Blatner, on Saturday, February 27 at 12:30 pm
- How to Write Sex Scenes with Christina Chiu, on Saturday, February 27 at 12:30 pm
- Coming of Age Workshop with D. Nurkse, on Sunday, February 28 at 12:30 pm
There are also regular monthly events at HVWC via Zoom including an Open Mic night, Open Write writers group, and Submission Sundays where members can learn about how and where to submit their writing for publication.
Learn more at www.writerscenter.org/calendar