Wednesday, March 3, 2021
A curated series of culturally relevant dance works created on film and originally presented by the Steffi Nossen Dance Foundation in November as An Evening of Dance. Each of five films is accompanied by the choreographer discussing the impetus, circumstances and process involved in it’s creation. A new film will become available every Sunday starting February 21 and can be seen for a two week period on the Steffi Nossen School of Dance YouTube channel. The films, were all created by New York area choreographers, were created during and responding to issues of Covid – 19 or to issues raised by racial or gender equity.
The films can be seen as follows:
- “This Moment” by choreographer Stefanie Batten-Bland streaming February 23
- Central Park Field #4 created byAllison Cook-Beatty streaming February 28
- Brothers & Sons a collaboration of Gierre Godley and Project 44 Dance streaming March 7
- State of Grace created by Kathleen Kelley and Christian von Howard streaming March 14
- Behind Her Silence by Jessica DiMauro and the Steffi Nossen Dance Company streaming March 21
Don’t miss this opportunity to experience culturally relevant dance!
Event Location and Ticket Information
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
Times: All Day