Sunday, September 17, 2017
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Sunday, September 17: White Plains Jazz and Food Festival (Noon – 5:30pm), FREE
At the Jazz Fest Main Stage on Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, NY
- NOON – 12:45pm – SUNY Purchase Jazz All-Stars (Details to come).
- 1:00 – 1:50pm – Kenny Lee All Stars – White Plains’ own Kenny Lee (trumpet/ flugel horn) – straight ahead jazz.
- 2:10 – 3:00pm – Steve Kroon Latin Jazz Sextet. Puerto Rican percussionist extraordinaire to jazz, Latin and R&B icons leads his Latin jazz ensemble through a dynamic blend of classic and original music.
- 3:20 – 4:10pm – Sage. An all-women’s jazz, blues and contemporary ensemble, Sage creates a sound that transcends time and generation – part contemporary, part nostalgic and a whole lot of soul.
- 4:30 – 5:30pm – Donald Harrison, Jr. – From the birthplace of American Jazz, New Orleans based saxophonist, educator, and “Big Chief” brings the festival to a close with the spirit of Congo Square – where it all started.
Plus, Jazz Fest is pleased to welcome Food Bank for Westchester’s Empty Bowls event to downtown White Plains from noon – 5:30pm. Be sure to stop by their display to purchase an artist-made bowl with delicious soup served by local chefs – – all to raise awareness for Hunger Action Month.
Event Location and Ticket Information
31 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10601
Handicap Accessible? Yes
Date: Sunday, September 17, 2017
Times: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Presenter: ArtsWestchester, The City of White Plains and The White BID
Presenter Phone: 914.428.4220
Presenter Website: artsw.org