Upstream Gallery Membership Information
UPSTREAM GALLERY is an artist’s cooperative with about 25 members practicing various disciplines including sculpture, painting, printmaking, photography, digital imagery and more. Our mission is to provide creative freedom and prime exposure for each member, while offering high quality exhibitions to the community. All members curate their own shows, and are encouraged to demonstrate high levels of creativity and personal vision. Our shows are always unique expressions by each artist, and are not “market driven”. To view the work of our members, please visit our web site:
· Annual dues are $1,200 per year, payable in two installments.
· There is an initiation fee of $100 for all new members.
· Membership includes a one person show in one of the two gallery spaces; rotating between the large and small rooms every 18 to 24 months.
· All members participate in 2-3 group exhibitions every year.
· All sales involve a 20% commission to the gallery.
· The costs and promotion of all one person shows are the responsibility of the exhibiting artists.
· Each member will assume a portion of the shared responsibility toward maintaining the business of the gallery.
· All members are expected to attend and participate in the monthly meetings of the full membership.
· Membership meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month, at 5 pm, at the gallery; if that date is a holiday; an adjusted date will be announced in advance.
· Each member is responsible for sitting during gallery hours approximately once a month.
· New members are accepted by a majority vote at members meetings upon review of the applicant’s portfolio or web site.
· The gallery has liability insurance, but is not responsible for loss to artwork due to accident, vandalism, fire theft, etc…
· Each member is responsible for curating and hanging their own show, and shall obtain any required assistance on their own.
· All members are responsible for their own opening receptions, including providing refreshments, cleaning up and vacuuming afterwards.
· Following shows, each member is also responsible for removing their work in a timely manner, as well as patching and touching up the walls.
· Members are free to join any other art group, gallery or exhibition that they wish to participate in.
To apply for membership:
Applications for membership will be reviewed at our monthly meeting. Those interested may drop off a portfolio of their work, or a CD, at the gallery prior to our meeting, which usually takes place on the second Thursday of the month @ 5 pm. Alternatively, you may write to Upstreamgallery26@gmail.com with a request to have your work reviewed, and simply tell us your web site address. Gallery hours are Thursdays through Sundays, 12:30 – 5:30 pm. There are no meetings during July or August.