2015 is a golden year for ArtsWestchester! We’re celebrating 50 years as Westchester County’s council and destination for the arts. As we ready ourselves for the next half-century, we pause to look back and celebrate all the milestones and memorable moments from the last five decades.
To celebrate our Golden Anniversary, ArtsWestchester is partnering with The Journal News to present Through the Decades: Picturing 50 Years in Westchester, an exhibition of your photos!
We want to see how you captured and remember Westchester’s most memorable events since 1965.
Through the Decades: Picturing 50 Years in Westchester opens to the public in early October 2015.
- All submissions must be made via the online application. Please go to submittable.com to submit your photos.
- Individuals may submit up to 5 images [as jpegs or tiffs] in any of the following categories:
Milestones in the Arts/Culture
The Changing Landscape
- Individuals may submit to a single or multiple categories, but may submit no more than five (5) images in total.
- Photographs must have been taken within the last 50 years, and depict events/people/places in Westchester from no earlier than 1960.
- All submissions must include the completed “Photograph Index” form, downloadable [HERE]
- Submission deadline is July 24, 2015.
- Photographers will be notified of chosen works no later than August 21st.
- Photographs selected for exhibition must be printed and delivered to ArtsWestchester “ready-to-hang.” Framed photographs should not exceed 30″x40″. Additional information will be provided upon notification of selection.
- Unfortunately, we cannot exhibit all photographs submitted. However, all submissions will be viewable digitally in an online and in-gallery slideshow.
- By submitting to “Through the Decades,” photographers grant ArtsWestchester and The Journal News permission to use images in exhibition-related promotion and publications, including but not limited to: an online gallery, exhibition catalog, and printed marketing.
- Through the Decades opens in October with a public reception.
|Contact Name||Logan Hanely|