Magic Box Productions, a non-profit media arts education organization that brings media arts programs to New York City and Westchester area schools, is seeking resumes from qualified Teaching Artists and Teaching Artist Assistants for part-time freelance positions both in school and out-of-schooltime, beginning in early 2016. We are seeking Teaching Artists with excellent practical and academic experience in the disciplines of Documentary, Animation, Photography, and Audio Production.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- At least 2 years teaching experience, serving children K-12
- Media arts instruction experience –with Imovie HD, FCP, Garageband and Photoshop strongly preferred
- Teaching experience with younger students (grades PK-4) a plus
- Strong understanding of instructional methods for teaching media arts (for ex., arts integration with the Common Core, inquiry-based instruction, Understanding by Design, etc.)
- Familiarity in creating and updating program overviews and individual lesson plans
- Commitment to collaborative planning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills, with a sharp eye for details and good ‘follow-through’ ability
- Internet-savvy and familiar with social networking platforms: Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Must be collaborative, flexible, and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Integrity and good humor are required.
- Must be willing to travel throughout Westchester via public transit or personal vehicle.