CALL FOR MAKER Instructors, MEDIA ART instructors, STEM+Arts INSTRUCTORS
The Rye Arts Center, a multi-arts center located in Rye, NY, is looking for creative-minded and enthusiastic instructors to join our growing team of visual, maker, media arts and STEM+Arts instructors! Teaching experience is a must, and all candidates are expected to be reliable, punctual, and ready to have fun in a creative and rewarding environment that includes a Gallery, maker space, painting studio, ceramics studio, and media arts lab.
The RAC is looking for instructors with a background in any or all of the following: STEAM, 3-D Printing, Coding (Scratch, Java, Python, etc), Minecraft (and MinecraftEDU), Animation, circuits and electronics, Robotics, and other disciplines that fall under the STEAM arts banner.
Classes at the RAC run year-round, Monday – Saturday, and offerings are divided into seasonal terms for ages 3 through adult. Opportunities for teaching are also available at off-site locations sponsored by the RAC. Must have own transportation.
- Previous teaching experience required.
- Excellent professional and practical experience in your area of teaching.
- Ability to create a class curriculum based on the needs and expectations of the RAC, adhering closely to its mission and principles.
- Please note: This is not a full-time position; classes are enrollment dependent.
- Preferred Experience in one or more of the following:
- Computer programming tools for kids (ie: Scratch, Java, Python, LUA, Game Salad)
- Arduino, MakeyMakey
- Robotics (LEGO and others)
- Movie making with iMovie
- 3D printing: Tinkercad, Blender, SketchUp, MakerWare Desktop
- Game and App design
- Minecraft & MinecraftEDU, Technic Launcher
- Making, designing, crafting and building
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please email a copy of your resume along with a cover letter that includes examples of your teaching experience, your art/technology background, availability, and class proposals.