Sales & Program Assistant
Time requirements: 20-25 hours per week (must work Saturday)
Clay Art Center seeks Sales and Program Assistant to work in our vibrant non-profit ceramic art organization in Port Chester, New York. We are looking for a person with excellent people skills to operate the front desk with the day to day tasks of sales and student registration. Be the first person that our customers/students see and hear on a daily basis. This position requires individual to be detail oriented, organized, possess excellent people skills and have an interest in ceramics. Must also possess excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of applications to include Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Salesforce (database management) and website management. Accounting basics are required and language proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
Details of the job:
Registrar – Responsible for registering students and managing student activities for all educational programs
- Manage student class registration and payment via website/QuickBooks/Salesforce.
- Process, deliver and manage student credit log system for payment of supplies
- Assist in coordination of private instruction sessions and clay parties
- Assist in coordination of open studio monitor volunteers
- Post open studio hours in classrooms weekly
Communications –Responsible for timely communications with students & visitors via email/phone & in person.
- Answer phones and greet visitors, guests or customers in a professional manner daily
- General customer care, including giving tours of facility when needed.
- Update classroom bulletin boards weekly
Gallery Shop Management
- Handle gallery/shop sales
- Manage artists’ inventories with help of volunteers
- Maintain upkeep of display in Shop with help of volunteers
- Attend gallery openings and events to handle sales and other coordination jobs as assigned.
- Assist in preparing daily deposits.
- Keep the office organized. Assist in ordering of office supplies and tools as needed.
- Other administrative responsibilities and projects as deemed necessary by the Assistant Program Manager in order to improve the programs.
Please email resume, cover letter and 2 references to [email protected]