Marketing and Publicity Associate, Katonah Museum of Art
Status: Full Time Exempt
Reports to: Deputy Director
Date Posted: August 1, 2016
The Katonah Museum of Art, located 50 miles from midtown New York, seeks a dynamic and creative Marketing & Publicity Associate to coordinate and implement campaigns for this cultural organization in Westchester, NY. Promoting a rotating program of exhibitions, programs and events, the ideal candidate will have a deep interest in contemporary art, creative cultures and audience development. This role requires a talented and imaginative thinker who will develop the online presence of the KMA as well as maintain the Museum’s relationships within print journalism and marketing. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and writer and be responsible for stewarding the graphic identity and ‘voice’ of the KMA across all portals and media.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Refresh, oversee and manage institutional website.
• Develop content (i.e. blogs, and newsletters) for print and digital outlets.
• Create and send bi-weekly email newsletter to mailing list, monthly e-news to members, and other emails as needed.
• With graphic designer, ensure consistency in design and branding across print and digital channels.
• Shape and implement messaging strategies towards unified profile and aligned communications plan.
• Coordinate and oversee the editorial and quality assurance process with content creators, such as writers and web designers.
• Attend regular meetings with partners – e.g. Community Chamber of Commerce.
• Initiate new and deepen existing community relations/partners in concert with Development team.
• Design and oversee select public programs to enhance audience engagement.
• Oversee and maintain press list while forging new relationships in art specific media.
• Author press releases and media alerts.
• Oversee press campaigns – sending press release and listings information.
• Construct and oversee archiving system to track press materials and PR hits using subscribed clipping services.
• Ensure active use of social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
• Arrange photography/videography of exhibitions and events to communicate KMA stories to stakeholders.
• Report to and collaborate with Museum’s Deputy Director to formulate marketing and publicity campaigns for Museum exhibitions, events, and programs.
• Meet with colleagues in Curatorial, Education and Development on a regular basis to collect information for press releases, listings, and all other marketing and publicity needs.
• Maintain and enforce master event, production, and publicity calendars.
• Other related duties as tasked.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Marketing/Publicity” in the subject line.
The Katonah Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, gender, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
About the Katonah Museum of Art: Accredited by the American Association of Museums, the Katonah Museum of Art originates three to four exhibitions annually, covering a broad range of art and humanities topics. From the beginning, the KMA was committed to presenting exceptional art from all cultures and time periods. The founders’ decision to be a non-collecting institution resulted in a dynamic and flexible exhibition program, which remains one of the most distinctive features of the KMA. The KMA offers lectures, films, workshops, concerts and other events for a general audience; and presents innovative and substantive programs for over 100 member schools. Our Learning Center is the only interactive space in Westchester County where children can come on a daily basis to explore and create art. Our outreach programs for the local Hispanic immigrant population are at the forefront of community-based education programs. The KMA works intensively with schools and service organizations to develop literacy and assimilation skills among this population. Annual attendance is approximately 40,000 people.
The Katonah Museum of Art’s programs are made possible by ArtsWestchester with support from the Westchester County Government, as well as by the New York State Council on the Arts with support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
|Contact Name||Jennifer Berry|