«Back to all Artist Opportunities

Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art CALL FOR ARTISTS!

The Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art is  looking for artists to participate in our upcoming WORD Exhibition Feb. 27-May 22, 2016.

The WORD exhibition will be highlighting emerging contemporary artists who incorporate words into their art.


Painting, Drawing, Collage, Sculpture, Photography, Installation


Only digital submissions submitted via email will be accepted. JPEG and PDF files no larger than 1MB accepted. Please title your attachments “first initial.last name.word#” (example “a.artist.word1”) in the following order:
1. Send up to 5 images Include title of each work, date, medium, size and price (if for sale). Opening reception will include a silent auction. 60% of sales go to the artist the other 40% will go to HVCCA and will directly support our public programming making contemporary art accessible to everyone.
2. A general artist statement (250 word max).
3. A one-page (500 word max) description of your work.
4. Include a link to your website (if applicable).
5. Submit to word@hvcca.org


• Deadline for application is November 1, 2015. Submit to word@hvcca.org
• Show will run from February 27, 2016 (reception) – May 22, 2016.
• Artists will be notified via email by December 1, 2015.
• Selected artwork must be dropped off for installation by January 12-15, between the hours of 10:00am-4:00pm and picked up by May 24-27, between the hours of 10:00am-4:00pm.


• Entries for juried submission are being accepted from through November 1, 2015.
• Submission is free for HVCCA members.
• Non-HVCCA members require a submission fee of $25, which comes with the bonus of a complimentary one-year membership to HVCCA! Our Artist Membership has its perks: Free admission to HVCCA and seven other museums, discounted admission to our special events, plus a link to your website on our artists page!
• Applicants must be 18 or older.

Visit http://www.hvcca.org/open-call-for-word-exhibition/ for more details or see PDF attached.

Questions? email us at WORD@hvcca.org


Deadline 11/1/2015
Contact Name Donna Mikkelsen
Contact Email dmikkelsen@hvcca.org
Website http://www.hvcca.org/