Mahlstedt Gallery is seeking a part-time Gallery Coordinator (3-4 days per week) to assist in managing gallery exhibitions and developing customer relationships to drive sales.
This position requires an individual with a proactive mindset, multi-tasking ability, a friendly personality, and creativity. Candidate should also present a professional and welcoming demeanor at all times towards visitors, artists, clients and staff.
· Schedule and coordinate exhibitions, openings, and shows.
· Outreach to potential clients & media contacts.
· Participate and represent the gallery in professional networking events.
· Compose and send press releases, participate in the curation process, and proactively market the venue.
· Support the gallery team with administrative tasks, errands as needed.
· Support the gallery team with special projects and exhibit setup/breakdown as needed.
· Professional, positive, and welcoming attitude
· Excellent writing & research skills
· Strong communication skills, experience working with public
· Knowledge of modern and contemporary art (preferred but not required)
· BA/BFA in art history, studio art, museum education or related field required;
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Gallery Coordinator” in the subject line.
|Is Project Ongoing?||yes|
|Contact Name||Hannah Duggen|