The images of Psalms will be the subject of the interaction between Fred Spinowitz and 5 photographers at the IONA Art Gallery, New Rochelle, NY in September 2016.
Selected artists will have 3 framed 11”x14” images in the show.
The artists and viewers will have a visual conversation integrated with the poetry of PSALMS. To encourage a visual dialogue we plan on having an unlined sketchbook and marker at each of the Psalms on view (about 15). Instructions will ask viewers to write/draw their impressions of the Psalm that they are looking at and experiencing as they explore the paintings and photographs set in matched pairs.
Fred Spinowitz has created 150 watercolor/print mixed media on paper (12X16”). Of the total portfolio 15 will be framed to correspond to the work of each participating artist. The entire Spinowitz portfolio will be available in the Gallery. As each artist selects a Psalm and sentence from the series list provided by Mr. Spinowitz, that selection will no longer be available as a subject for the next artist. Artists are encourage to make early selection and await confirmation before submission.
A list of Psalms and sentences from each will be sent in a separate email.
To be considered, please send via email three images of work in JPEG format (300 dpi) 1.3mb or smaller by May 15, 2016 to email@example.com. Please include your name and the titles of your artworks on the subject line of your email.
- Entry is open to all photo artists, 18 or older
- NO Entry fee
- Each artist may submit three framed pieces of photography
- Each artist must submit a brief biography as well as one written statement for each submitted artwork, connecting their work to the theme
- Each artist must deliver their framed work and pick up their work at the end of the show
- The duration of the show will be approximately 1 month (September 2016) exact dates will follow
- In the event of a sale, the artist keeps 80% of sale price and IONA retains 20%
- All framed photographs must be displayable on wall
- Artwork must be 11”x14” (frame/mat will make the work approximately 18”x22”)
- Work will not be hung if damaged
- Work will not be hung if not professionally wired for hanging
- Neither IONA nor any other exhibition facility nor Fred Spinowitz is responsible for damage to artwork. Artist should self-insure work, however Iona has INSURANCE from the time the art arrives at the Gallery fordrop off until the end of the Exhibit.
Curator: Fred Spinowitz – firstname.lastname@example.org 914/309-9298
|Contact Name||Fred Spinowitz|