Arts Services Initiative of Western New York (ASI), on behalf of Savarino Properties, LLC, invites artists in all appropriate mediums from throughout Western New York to submit proposals for an outdoor public art project located on the southern brick exterior of Savarino Properties’ 95 Perry Street building.
The chosen work should:
- Take inspiration from the environment surrounding the building; the historic cobblestone district, the waterfront and Erie Canal terminus, and/or the grain elevators and industrial spaces of the area;
- Be of a sufficient dimension to be seen clearly when viewed from a distance; and
- Have an expected lifespan of at least three years unprotected from the elements.
A commission of up to $10,000 will be available for the chosen artist to create and install their work, with some installation assistance being available.
Proposals should include:
- A description of the work including materials and dimensions;
- Sketches of the work;
- Links to examples of past work; and
- Contact information.
A panel of professionals in the arts will pick three finalists, all of whom will be given $250 each to create a small scale model of their work for display in the 95 Perry Street lobby. Tenants of the building will be invited to view the works and vote for their favorite, which will be combined with the panel’s recommendation to select the successful proposal. The chosen proposal will be revealed on or around October 30, 2014.
The completed work is expected to be installed no later than December 1, 2014 (weather-dependent).
Proposals should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, as can questions or requests to arrange a time to view the site. Proposals are due no later than 5 pm on September 30, 2014.
|Contact Name||Arts Services Initiative of Western New York|