ArtsWestchester, a non-profit arts organization located in White Plains N.Y. seeks a Grants Associate to join its team of 20+ employees.
ArtsWestchester’s mission is to create an equitable, inclusive, vibrant and sustainable Westchester County in which the arts are integral to and integrated into every facet of life. We are a $4 million, nonprofit agency that supports the arts in Westchester and Rockland through leadership, over $2M in funding to artists and organizations, programming, education, advocacy, audience cultivation and professional development.
We believe in creating an inclusive workplace that mirrors the community we serve, and actively encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to join our team.
For more information about ArtsWestchester visit www.artswestchester.org.
ArtsWestchester seeks to hire a full-time individual to assist in the operation of its grants programs as the Grants Associate. ArtsWestchester’s funding opportunities include 10+ competitive grant programs encompassing over $2 million in funding available for artists and cultural organizations in Westchester and Rockland Counties. The ideal candidate will report to the Director of Grant Programs, and assist the Director and the Program Manager with facilitating ArtsWestchester’s competitive grants-making process while conducting outreach to local artists and cultural organizations. This is a full-time position, available immediately. The ideal candidate should have some previous work experience and have an interest in professional growth and learning grants administration. The Grants Associate is an important part of the Grants department, responsible for coordinating the administrative management, reporting and closeout of grants and other programs offered by ArtsWestchester. The Grants Associate will ensure that ArtsW’s grant-making and related processes, documents, procedures and implementation are executed professionally, efficiently, on schedule, and in a manner consistent with best practices.
Essential Functions Of The Position Include:
- Facilitate outreach and provide technical assistance to applicants for ArtsWestchester’s community-based funding opportunities. Examples of technical assistance include application review, one-on-one meetings with applicants and public information sessions on grant opportunities
- Maintain accurate records related to the grants process, including (but not limited to) application submissions, drafting and tracking grant contracts and payment requests, and required grantee reports. Contact applicants/grantees as needed to ensure the timely filing thereof.
- Assist with the panel review process; prepare materials for review by the Grants Committee of the Board.
- Maintain relationships with member organizations and artists
- Assist with statewide and Countywide advocacy efforts
- Other duties as required
Required Skills And Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience using web-based grants-making software a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, comfortable with email, phone, and in-person communication as needed
- Highly organized and accurate
- Quick learner
- Highly adaptable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on several projects/tasks simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree; interest or experience in arts and culture/arts administration a plus
- Reliable access to transportation, own car not required but a plus
Start date: ASAP
Salary range – mid 30’s-$40K
Apply: email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Grants Associate in the Subject field.