In order to protect the health and safety of our students, employees and visitors, Westchester Community College, Center for the Digital Arts, Peekskill Extension is canceling the Digital Media Job Fair on Sunday, April 19, 2020. We will be rescheduling it for the fall.
Westchester Community College, Center for the Digital Arts, Peekskill Extension is hosting a Digital Media Job Fair on Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 10:00 am that will showcase emerging talent trained by our professional faculty. Come see student digital media portfolios and keynote lecturer, Bre Pettis, CEO of Bantam Tools, www.bantamtools.com, and have brunch with us beginning at 11:00 am.
10:00 am – Arrivals
10:15 am – Keynote Lecturer, Bre Pettis, Bantam Tools
10:45 am – Questions
11:00 am – Brunch and networking
12:00 pm – Job Fair opens
2:00 pm – Job Fair ends
Westchester Community College Students and Alumni
Invest in yourself and show off your portfolio to industry representatives and get valuable feedback. Seeking an internship or a possible entry level position? This is a necessary first step on the pathway to success. Visit www.sunywcc.edu/aim-2020 and get started right now!
Searching for new talent? Come see our students and find out what new skills are emerging in the digital media field. Take the time to stop by our job fair and benefit your company or organization. Visit www.sunywcc.edu/aim-2020 to reserve your space today!
For more information, please visit www.sunywcc.edu/peekskill or email [email protected].
Position: Education Programs Assistant, full-time
Location: Port Chester, NY
Clay Art Center, a nationally recognized non-profit center for the advancement and practice of the ceramic arts, seeks an Education Programs Assistant. Reporting to the Program Director, you will be responsible for administration and logistics of onsite adult and youth education, and work in partnership with area schools, community centers, and organizations to administer programs for the community’s youth, teens and older adults, and for people with special needs.
Class and Teacher Management
- Engage with teachers and students both onsite and offsite to provide a positive experience
- Assist in teacher management including scheduling regular meetings and communications
- Process teacher and teaching assistants payments on a timely schedule
- Manage all on and off-site classroom logistics and communications for both students and instructors
- Assist with oversight of daily classroom upkeep in coordination with teachers and studio manager
- Coordinate with teachers and staff on supply requests and ordering
- Assist with coordination of year round onsite and offsite classes and summer camps
- Lead summer camp execution and manage deliverables such as, tracking applications, student sign in/out, parent communication, workflow and pick-ups
- Manage classroom and offsite class calendars
- Communicate with prospective students to assist with questions and registration
- Assist in promoting and administering scholarship program
- Collect and manage metrics for community arts and education programs for evaluations and grants
- Collaborate with community arts assistants for seamless community arts program execution
Community Engagement and Marketing
- Assist with program marketing and outreach, including creating and disseminating mailings and digital materials
- Engage with local schools, social service, and community organizations to market Clay Art Center programming
- Identify and attend camp fairs, youth programs, and community events to promote Clay Art Center
Workshops and Exhibitions
- Cover front desk when Program & Sales Assistant is out of the office
- Assist Exhibitions Manager with workshops, exhibitions, and shop as needed
Other responsibilities and projects as deemed necessary by the Program Director
- Experience in community engagement, arts education, or arts administration preferred
- Knowledge of ceramics Preferred
- Bilingual/Spanish Speaking Preferred
- Familiarity with updating websites and CRM databases
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends for programs and events
- Ability to work self-directed and within a small group; manage several projects at once and meet deadlines
- Creative thinking and detail oriented problem solving required
Benefits: Health Insurance, vacation and sick days, opportunity to take a free ceramics class.
Application instructions: Please send resume and cover letter with the subject line Education Programs Assistant to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Clay Art Center encourage applications from diverse candidates and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Instructor needed for Robotics
Enable your student to make robots that move, make sounds, display lights, etc. Using the latest technology students will create their own mechanized robot of their own design. Students will learn the latest in electronics and 3D printing technology.
M/T/W/Th, July 6-16, 9:30-11:30 am
M/T/W/Th, July 6-16, 12:00 noon-2:00 pm
Sherry Mayo, M.F.A., Ed.D.C.T.
Director, Center for the Digital Arts, Peekskill Extension
YOUTH ARTS TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM FOR TEENS AGES 11 – 17
Affordable Digital and Studio Arts Classes For Teens and Children
State of the Art Equipment • Nurturing Instruction • Opportunity for Fun & Creativity