ArtsWestchester invites artists and artist collectives to submit originally designed and handcrafted chairs, alternative forms of seating, or artwork that represents or incorporates chairs for its exhibition, “TAKE A SEAT” (working title). The exhibition will explores the form, function, creativity, and tradition of seating.
Selected work will be on view in ArtsWestchester’s “TAKE A SEAT” exhibition, which will open with a reception on September 28, 2019, and be on view to the public through October 19, 2019.
As with all exhibitions at ArtsWestchester’s Gallery, “Take a Seat” will be free to the public. The exhibition will address an audience of all ages and backgrounds.
Eligibility: Applicants must be at least 18 years old, and must live, maintain a studio or be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in New York State.
DEADLINE: Friday, July 12, 2019 11:59pm
EXHIBITION LOCATION: ArtsWestchester, 31 Mamaroneck Avenue, White Plains, NY 10601
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: All Submissions must be submitted digitally via Submittable (link below). E-mailed or mailed submissions will not be considered.
Complete applications must include:
- Artist Bio and/or CV (word document)
- High Resolution Images of each work (artists may submit up to 5 unique works, with no more than 3 images per work.) (jpeg, tiff, pdf)
- Submission checklist (word document)
- Checklist should include the following information: title, date, materials, dimensions, sale price, insurance price, and installation/display details.
- Artist Statement for each submitted work (word document)
For full details and to Apply CLICK HERE
More Questions? Contact Amy Kurlander, ArtsWestchester Curator at [email protected]