Chances are, if you or your children have gone to a local exhibition or performance, or have participated in an arts class or workshop, your lives have been touched by ArtsWestchester’s programs and services.
For more than 50 years, ArtsWestchester, in partnership with Westchester County Government, has invested more than 35 million in the growth of the cultural sector in Westchester through these programs:
- Grants Program supports cultural programming and events for residents throughout the county.
- Artist Residency Program sends artists into schools, community centers and human service organizations.
- STEAM Education prepares young people for the future by integrating arts into local schools.
- Artist & Arts Organization Directories provide direct access to information about the diversity of artists and cultural organizations that make up Westchester’s arts scene.
- Scholarship Program provides support for students from low-income families.
- Special Needs Program provides support for special needs individuals.
- Folk Arts Program celebrates the cultural traditions of Westchester’s diverse communities.
- Arts Partnerships foster work with local municipalities, contributing to economic development.
- Cultural Collaborations connect organizations with communities.
- Exhibitions and Performance Programs showcase the arts at ArtsWestchester’s building in the heart of downtown White Plains.
- Technical Assistance Services help arts organizations during transitions.
- Public Information Programs build audiences for the arts through the promotion of cultural events in print and digital form.
- Website and Social Media provide arts information and a comprehensive cultural calendar featuring arts events for arts-interested residents and visitors.
- Bus Program brings seniors and students to Westchester cultural sites.
- Cultural Tourism brings attention and visitors to the County as a prime cultural destination.